As the walk through life continues, the cracks in the sidewalks grow with every year that passes. It is almost as if they are trying to swallow me, consume my thoughts and worst fears and bring them to reality. With every store front that I pass the windows are longer, the people are louder and it seems that they are trying to make me remember more and more. And, with every step the lights are staying out longer and longer as if the darkness is trying to find a place in my soul. So with every step, rather than try and fight what is trying to take over me I say "Bring it on!" With every crack in the sidewalk, the lights go out. I am fored to remember the pain that you caused me. I am forced to remember what you did when you didn't know what else to do. I think to myself "why did I think that I needed to grow up so fast?" In the past I would have let that moment of weakness turn into the scene in a store front and now I just take every moment of that and remember how it made me stronger!
As I continue to walk I notice that the next one is bigger than the last, it seems as though it may be impassable. I continue to walk and realize that I am going to have to deal with this head on, there is no going around it, I can't step over it and I sure as hell can't make it go away. I know what it's about, it's every time that you said that you would be there for me and you weren't. You never have the time, you can't stop what your doing to make the time and you can't seem to see that in the worst of times you can't be there for me. Every day I talked to you, every day I tried to make you see what you were to me and every day you couldn't seem to see past your own needs and problems. So, I had to stop, I had to take a step back and get ready to jump this crack in the sidewalk. As I begin to take a running start, the lights go out, storefront lights up and I begin to question my ability to get past this. I take a deep breath and off I go, running faster and faster I realize that the dark is getting darker and the store fronts are getting louder. Time and time again I seem to be pushed back like a force telling me not to do it. There are scrapes and bruises, bumps and cuts, but over and over I jump, until I get to the other side. The feeling of no longer needing you is a wave of calm that has rushed over me. It's almost as though there are no more cracks in the sidewalk, the lights are always on the storefronts are black. However, time is not that nice and there will be, in fact, I see one up ahead but I think I will just bask in the glory of this one defeated for now.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment