Have you ever really stopped and watched the rain fall from the sky? It really depends on what day it is or even what time of the day but sometimes they are meaning of so many things. On this day they are the tears that are forming in my eyes. Tears of pain that I have ensued in my life and the defeat that I have encountered. As I look out the window there is leafless tree that is covered in my tears. As there is no wind, these tears are not falling, but with every ounce of movement in the air a drop falls to the ground and into another puddle of pain and sorrow. As I watch and hope that the wind doesn't pick up, I wonder to myself, when will this all be over? When will the rain stop falling and when will my tears dry up? With every breath I try and hold back the next one from falling. Alas, I cannot prevent the inevitable and another falls.
Each moment of it's travel to the ground I am reminded of how simple life is meant to be. It is not supposed to be about all the drama that we allow it to be come. It should be about the people that we choose to surround ourselves with and the joys that they bring to our lives. So many times we go through life holding grudges, staying angry at someone for something that they did, a pain they inflicted upon us or a heartbreak they cast on us. As the tear lands on my pillow I remind myself to let it all go, take a step forward not backwards and move on.
So that is what I have to do. I need to let it all go, walk away and remind myself that life is supposed to be simple.
As the light of day fades to darkness the raindrops on this tree begin to glisten in the light of the streetlights. It is at this point that I realize that no matter the reasoning behind the tears that I have, they are life experiences, they are things that have happened to me. No matter how good or bad they are they still happened to me, made me who I am and I like who I am right now.
So rather than try and make them go away, I force a smile through the tears and remind myself that life is supposed to be simple and to just grow from every teardrop that falls.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment